Friday, September 12, 2008

Another one bites the dust...

Another week , that is . I can't believe that's it's Friday already . The days go by in a flash , I guess it's a sign of old age creeping up on me. It seems to me that this time flashing by thing started once I became a mother and the older I get the quicker time goes by .





I've been gearing up for my Dad's annual visit . He'll be arriving from Austria on Monday . He'll have a bed to sleep in but the room 's not quite ready . It seems we have what Mike calls renovation creep . Start one renovation project and before you know it , it's taking over the house and eating up the contents of your wallet . I don't want to break the news to him quite yet , but it's not over , more coming next year ....



Speaking of almost -not-quite-done-projects , I 'll show you my blueberry Eleanor socks . What's holding them up , you ask , when they're >< ( this close) to being done ? The answer would be that sweet little baby bootee that just had to be cast on and of course , that blinding orange baby blanket, still on the needles only slightly larger . I just love it , but I have to tell you that the reason there's still only one , is because knitting it is fun but the sewing it together and weaving in the ends is just so fiddle faddle , it drives me crazy . If this wasn't for our first grandson I'd have pitched it . Finishing is not my strong suit, can you tell ?



Well the weekend weather forecast calls for rain and more rain . A good time for finishing no end of indoor projects, large and small ...

Have a nice weekend !

2 comments:

Monika said...

Just looking at pictures today. No time for more. The baby boot is so adorable, totally cute!

Donna M said...

What a dear little baby bootee! I assume there will be another one to match!