Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Calgon ...




....take me away ! These days life has been a lot like that old commercial . What I wouldn't give for a break from the busyness and the never ending rain . Long story short , Mike is retired (Yay ) , we had a surprise bridal shower for Stef on Saturday (happy bride to be , much laughter and good food ) , started some of the renos , then had a setback with tiles that are on back order till the end of next week (Max is back to work then so that really throws a wrench in the plans) . Then the icing on the cake , Max and Stef are away camping for a couple of days and we're dog sitting the pups (so far so good ) . Trouble is both of the dogs have a bad case of the runs . Don't know why , it's any body's guess , but I spent a good while cleaning up dog poo and disinfecting the house . NO FUN ! So there you have it , the good , bad and the downright ugly( or messy , stinky , take your pick) .





Despite all the busyness I'm still knitting . I've finished the Waving Lace socks and the Upstairs Shawl is coming along nicely . I've got 3 1/2 pattern repeats done . I'm really liking it so far . It's a simple knit , nothing flashy , but I'm sure the finished shawl will be beautiful .


There 's also a new sock on the needles . It IS the Summer of Socks after all . Thank God for knitting , picking up the knitting needles and focusing on the stitches and the project just drives all the cares and worries of the day away . Now if we could just get rid of the constant rain ....

4 comments:

lexa said...

We get sun for a day or two if we're lucky, then it rains for three or four days. Not nice.

Love the socks!

Monika said...

It's raining right now, did all night. Can't do anything about it. I'm surprised that you've got some knitting done with all that you had going! Nice socks too. :o)
I hate it when the dogs have the runs...

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It's drizzling steadily as I type. Sorry about the pups - it can't be nice for anyone. Nice socks!

Donna M said...

I feel for you and the dog issue! Not nice at all!

But your socks look lovely and yes, knitting is a wonderful way to relax and calm down!