Saturday, November 7, 2009

Christmas knitting...


...is underway. Emma's socks are done , so that's one gift done . Do you think that they're bright enough ? The orange is even brighter in real life . I'm sure she won't have any trouble finding them in the morning .
Specs : Regia Crazy Color 6 ply sock yarn Knit on 2.5mm dpns . The pattern is the baby cable rib from my usual source "Sensational knitted Socks" .
We had a bit of a scare with Jessey this week .Casey and Chantal had to go to emergency at the hospital with him with the flu which quickly turned into pneumonia . He was tested for the swine flu and given antibiotics and Tamiflu which is an anti-viral . This came on so quickly it was scary . After lots of rest and fluids and with the help of the meds he's almost back to normal . I took care of him alot this week , so I'm a little worried that I might catch this too . I tend to catch a cold most winters which inevitaby ends up in my chest and a gives me no end of coughing fits . I get the flu shot every year so I haven't had the flu , just colds . I'll be able to get the H1N1 vaccine the week of the 16th of November . I've taken all the suggested precautions and am hoping to escape this nasty virus .
We've got real November type weather here these days , cool , grey and damp . So far no snow , unlike Halifax which got blasted yesterday . Waaaay too early for that ! To escape these miserable dark days Mike and I booked a one week cruise getaway . We're leaving on Nov. 28th and coming back on Dec. 6th . I can't wait to get some sun ! This is an kind of an early 35th wedding anniversary gift to ourselves . We're looking forward to a little alone time , if you catch my drift ;-)) .

4 comments:

Donna M said...

Great socks! Bright and cheerful!

Have a fun time on your cruise and get a winter's worth of sun!

CelticCastOn said...

They are perfect, I love the sensational knit socks book!
ohhhh a cruise, hope you have a wonderful time.

lexa said...

Those are very bright socks! Glad Jesse is okay, and have a great time on the cruise!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Sorry to hear of your flu troubles. Lots of sick'uns around here as well. My nephew was rushed to hospital after three days of 103-104° fever and then chest congestion. He's better now (100-101°), but apparently it can spike again.

At least you are finishing some Christmas knitting; I'm thinking, planning but not doing!