Friday, March 19, 2010

A new shawl



The sock knitting mojo is still missing in action, but there is something new on my needles . Going through the yarn closet a skein of Hand Maiden Sea Silk fell out and cried "knit me, knit me, KNIT me " . Apparently four years hidden in the closet was more than this poor yarn could bear . A search of my Ravelry queue yielded the perfect pattern , Rosemary Hill's Brandywine shawl . The yarn was purchased in New Brunswick on a trip we took there about four years ago . I have no idea why it took me so long to get around to using it , it's so beautiful to work with . I've no intended recipient for this shawl so it might just go in the gift box . Or I might just keep it .



Yesterday was my day with Jessey . I had such a good day with him . He's growing up so fast , becoming quite a little character . I usually bring my camera when I have him , but seldom get to take any photos . He keeps me that busy . He loves to pretend cook and gets out a bunch of utensils and some pots and pans and has at it . Yesterday I did manage to get one or two photos , this was my favourite . Chef or future orchestra conductor ?
I'll continue to look for my sock knitting mojo and enjoying the good weather while it lasts . Have a good weekend !

5 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

How pretty your shawl is!

Monika said...

What a great yarn choice for this pattern! I love it! I'm afraid my choice for this pattern (yes I've cast on this shawl too) was a poor one, but the yarn I'm using for it, has been ripped out several times, and does not seem to fit anything. It was so beautifu in the skein!

Your Jessey sure grew a lot since the last photo I saw. It's the best thing being with grandma and panging pots and pans. My kids did that too. :o)

Donna M said...

That is going to be one drop dead gorgeous shawl! Love the yarn too. I have knit a shawl with it and it is gorgeous!
Can't believe how big Jessy is getting!

Anonymous said...

Don't they grow fast!! I can't believe how big he is. I started following your blog before he was born and now look at him.

As for cook or maestro? Why not both!!

lexa said...

The shawl is gorgeous, love that color. And I cannot believe how big Jessey is already! Too cute!