Thursday, February 21, 2013

Done and dusted ...

... with novelty yarns ! I finished the fingerless mitts for Dana . I 'm really really happy to have knit them for her . She's had a rough time of it lately and deserves a little something . I just can't bring myself to say very much positive about the yarn except that it sparkles very nicely . I know that I was knitting these on smaller needles but jeez louise this yarn is a PIA to work with . I knit Stellas' scarf with 7.5 mm and still didn't like it .

Also off the needles is yet another frilly scarf for another friend . That makes eight knit up since last fall . I forgot to take a photo but it's pretty much like the others except it's red and purple . I'm getting faster at knitting these ; It only took  about 2 1/2 hours for this one . Still it will be the last one for awhile .

On to the socks , only 2months in the works . Will February finally see a pair of finished socks !?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I tried one of those sequined yarn. Didn't mind knitting with it, but didn't really like how it turned out either. :-( Thankfully, I found a friend that loved the shawl and now it is hers.

Socks are always the best. LOL Well, that's MY opinion anyway.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I hate it when a yarn doesn't cooperate. You can get the socks done!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Gosh I hate novelty yarn! How kind of you to persevere with it! I'm trying to knock out another pair of socks this month, if only to finish the month out on a high note!