Friday, February 21, 2014

Rainy days and Fridays

...are perfect for knitting and watching an exciting Olympic hockey game . Boy , oh boy , were my needles flying during the men's Canada vs USA hockey game this afternoon . It was a real treat to watch , it was such a good game that could have gone either way . There is no lack of talent on both teams . Lucky for us Canada won and goes on to play against Sweden for the gold medal on Sunday . Yesterday the girls played their hearts out and managed to eek out a victory in overtime to win the gold for Canada . It was a nail biter of a game and heartbreaking loss for the US girls , who were winning until the last minutes of the the third period , when Canada managed to tie it up . They played an amazing game. No lack of talent there either .

 
Only a few inches more knitting to reach the toe of the second sock . Plenty of time to finish them off before Sundays' closing ceremonies in Sochi . This pattern is just so much fun to knit and the yarn is beyond wonderful . I love the colour , it brightens up today's gray skies .


Last Friday saw the completion of my pastel ripples baby blanket . Unbeknownst to me I had a deadline to finish it . Once Chantal saw it , she asked if she could have it for a shower gift for a friend . She needed it by Saturday . I worked on it almost monogamously for the better part of the week and I managed to finish it in time . The mom to be loved it !

I'll leave you with this picture of Charlie , I love her smile , isn't she just the cutest  !

 
Have a wonderful weekend , with lots of blue skies and whatever makes you happy !

4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Wow, that blanket got snapped up in a hurry. No wonder though - it's lovely.

I couldn't even watch the hockey. I was afraid I'd jinx it. Better to replay it after you've found out what happened :)

Caffeine Girl said...

Great socks.

Of course the receiving mom loved the blanket. It is really pretty.

Anonymous said...

Yep ...Charlie is adorable. Love those sparkling eyes.

Glad your beautiful blanket found a good home.

The socks look great. What is the pattern?

lexa said...

What a little cutie!