Friday, March 21, 2014

Mad March

 Mike calls this month Mad March because that seems to be my state of mind every year at this time . By this time I'm heartily sick of winter and to top it off , it is tax preparation time . They're done now , and everyone and his brother has got their extra pound of flesh , so I can relax and get ready for our trip to Florida . I am looking forward to it more than ever this year . It might be spring on the calendar but we are still in the minus side of zero on the thermometer .

We've had some worrisome days lately . Charlie started exhibiting odd  involuntary movements . Her pediatrician referred Stef and Max to the Montreal Children's hospital . The poor thing has had all kinds of tests, including CT scans , MRI and multiple x-rays , eye exams and blood tests . The fear originally was some kind of brain tumour but that was finally eliminated this past Tuesday , thankfully . On Wednesday Stef had to bring her in for more blood work and now we wait . So far the doctors are unable to identify the cause but are hoping that the last blood tests might help with a diagnosis . She'll be going back to see the neurologists  in 2 months time unless there's some news from the latest tests and her symptoms worsen . Keeping fingers crossed ...

While we were waiting for news I knit , and knit and knit some more . The end result , another pair of Patina socks .

 
Once these were done I cast on another sock . Then Dee posted about this KAL and yet another pair of socks were cast on . I feel the need for colour and some mindless easy , peasy knitting .

 
They one on the left was started today , the other at knit night with the girls on Tuesday . The left one is Jeck and the other Vanilla Latte , both on ravelry . I hadn't realized how similar they are until I took the picture . I have to say this is my first time working two at a time socks , different patterns . You think I might be losing it ?

Weekend plans include babysitting Jessey and Stella while mom and dad get a day away . They're coming over tomorrow and staying for a sleepover . I think easy peasy sock knitting will be a perfect way to spend a quiet Sunday ...

Have a wonderful weekend !

6 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The socks look great. Sending lots of good thoughts for Charlie!

Unknown said...

Prayers for the little one. Hoping they have an answer soon. Love the sock colors!

lexa said...

Hopefully they'll find out quickly what is up with Charlie, and it won't be anything major!

Great looking socks! :)

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Waiting and worrying is the worst! Hopefully the news is all good!

Some easy peasy and colourful sock knitting is a great idea. Keeps the fingers busy while the mind wanders...

Anonymous said...

Hoping the best for Charlie. Kids can really worry you when you know something isn't right. Hope they find the solution soon.

Hope you are feeling better too. I'll be thinking good thoughts for you on Tuesday.

Strickmuse said...

I love the yarn colors. Sending good thoughts your way.