Wednesday, May 4, 2011

WIP Wednesday





I have a trio of knits in progress but I'm too lazy to get them all together to take the photos . These socks were at hand . They are the newest ones for the WHN . I've been trying to knit socks in a variety of sizes in order to cover different ages . The pattern is the trusty Garter Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks . I get tired of knitting just plain vanilla socks , though they do seem to knit up more quickly . The yarn was a gift from my father and has been in the stash for awhile . Once again the colourway is more feminine , I'll have to dig more and see if I can find something more masculine . There must be something in there !






Also on the needles is this shawl which I should really be working on today because there's a deadline . I'm hoping to wear it to a wedding in Maine on May 14th . I'm at row 99 of 126 , which doesn't sound so bad , except for for fact that each row has more stitches than the last . At this point I've got 251 stitches on the needle and I'm just getting to the lace section which increases the chances for error and tinking back . Also on the go is a darling little sweater for Stella . That is most definitely on the back burner but it is so cute and tempts me to pick it up . I have to be strong and listen to the shawl ....

4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

I'm holding my breath for you on the shawl. You're so close, but I totally know what those ever-lengthening rows are like!

Donna M said...

Nice socks. Lovely looking shawl, but just a written pattern? I need the charted patterns for lace and shawls!

Anonymous said...

I don't think those socks are necessarily feminine. I could totally see a guy wearing them.

You're right --- ribbing takes much longer than plain ol' stockinette.

WildflowerWool said...

The socks are looking great. Don't be tempted by your other projects, you are getting close to having your shawl finished!