Tuesday, February 21, 2017

In and Out

2017 has been crazy busy around here , I am surprised at the amount of knitting that I have accomplished so far . We started kitchen renovations at the beginning of January and we are just about done . I only have to unpack a few more boxes and hang the last of the pictures and such then we will finally be DONE .

I am bound and determined to knit primarily from stash this year . So far I have done pretty well. There has been one exception , I fell off the wagon last week and purchased some gorgeous yarn from an indie dyer ,  Long Dog Yarns in the colourway Pop . So far this year I have completed three pairs of socks , a pair of mittens , an almost finished pair of mittens and a small scarf , all knit from stash and only one skein added ,  that 's not bad I think .

I did finish The Age of Brass and Steam Kerchief . It isn't quite as large as I'd hoped but I can wear it tied around my neck . I am pretty happy , I used every last inch of yarn !

 Then I finished these very bright socks knit from some yarn that my dad brought on his last visit here. I will think of my father whenever I wear them , bittersweet memories .

That's about it for today . It's been a quiet day with the usual mundane chores , laundry etc . It has been very spring like lately with much warmer than normal temperatures . The birds are chirping and I have even spotted some robins and mourning doves in the neighbourhood  when Zoe and I head out for our walks . Till next time , have a good week !











5 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

That yarn will make a fun pair of socks!

Anonymous said...

I think I have that same yarn that you used for your Age of Brass and Steam shawl. LOL

The new yarn is gorgeous!!! (And, your socks are so sweet ........they'll bring a little hug from your Dad every time you wear them.)

Now....go enjoy that brand new kitchen.

Judy S. said...

Your fun yarn was worth falling off the wagon! There must have been something in the air this past week as I fell off, too, and ordered some angora for booties. I did have some in my stash but not the right colors..... Enjoy your new kitchen!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Hello! I hope the reno is going well! After it's done, please share photos.

Your kerchief is lovely and Yay for using every inch.

Nice colourful socks too. I hope you are comforted by happy memories of your Dad. HUGS

tree said...

Your work is inspiring. I do love those colorful socks!