Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Some good news ...

We have another wedding to plan ! Max proposed to Stefanie last Friday and she happily accepted . He took her completely by surprise , which was what he'd hoped to do. He picked his moment well . They were out walking the dogs at their favourite spot near their house , when he dropped down on one knee and pulled the ring out of his pocket and popped the question . She had her cell phone in her pocket and called her Mom and Dad and and then us. As you can imagine I'd been anxiously waiting for that call . I'd no doubt that she'd accept but it was wonderful to hear the happiness in her voice. I love her to bits, they are so good together . We had a celebratory brunch on Saturday morning and she was still smiling and smiling . Stef has a large family on both sides , so the wedding will definitely be here , not on a beach in the Caribbean . They haven't set a date but it looks like it will be late summer or early fall next year.

I was so excited and lately my brain and body don't seem to be on the same page , so I forgot to take pictures of the happy couple and the beautiful ring that Max picked out . Oh , well there will be other opportunities this week-end . Did I mention how happy we are , a grandson and another wedding !

4 comments:

sherriknits said...

Congratulations! Having our wedding behind us now, I can be excited for you ! It really is fun.

Donna said...

Congratulations to all! It's so nice to hear good news. Look forward to seeing the pictures.

lexa said...

How fun! Congrats!

Monika said...

That's lovely news!