Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A finished object !

No I didn't fall off the face of the earth . I was just too busy to post . Add to that the fact that we actually had some summer like weather , which has all changed for this week . Rain , rain , and more rain for the next week .

These are the toe up socks that I started on June 1 st . I finally finished them yesterday , just in time to qualify for my various monthly KALs . After knitting these I've come to the conclusion that I'm more of a cuff down gal . That's not to say that I'll never knit another pair of toe ups , but it still seems to be the wrong way around for me . I learned a couple of new techniques , the Turkish cast on , Russian bind off and how to knit with 2 circulars . Knitting on the circs was actually the one thing that I really enjoyed . It didn't start out that way but I've started my July KAL socks on the circs. Go figure !

I've still got Isbel on hold . I just haven't been in the mood to tink back mohair /silk . Ive ordered some lacewight from the Loopy Ewe that looks like a better match colourwise for my dress for the wedding . Hoping it gets here soon as time is running short .

3 comments:

lexa said...

I commented on Ravelry and asked what you thought of toe up, but I see your answer here! I prefer top down with a good old heel flap. :)

Donna M said...

Congrats on your toe up socks! They look great! That is still on my list of things to do, but I will stick with my dpns! No magic loop or 2 circulars for this knitter!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Me too! Cuff down with a nice reinforced heel flap. On DPNS thought!

Nice socks, and a lovely colour. Are they comfy?