Friday, August 19, 2011

Stella's blanket


I'm late to Tami's FO Friday party , but I thought that I'd show you anyway . The blanket for my grand daughter is completely finished and ready for her baptism next week . The pattern is Evelyn Clark's Old Shale crochet baby blanket . It really was quite easy , even for my somewhat rusty crochet skills , but gave me fits at the beginning . I was always one stitch off by the end of the row . Consequently I did more ripping than crocheting . After a short time out , all was well . The yarn is Berroco Comfort DK , a very nice quality nylon and acrylic yarn . I would have preferred wool , but I wasn't the decider , as they say . I'm pretty happy with though , it's soft and should wear well .

For more Finished objects head on over to Tami's blog  . Have a good weekend !

13 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It's darling! Sure to be an heirloom. And I can't blame the new parents for wanting an easy care blanket!

autumngeisha said...

What a pretty blanket, sweet and classic. I knitted a blanket for charity out of the same yarn and was happy with the durable feel of it.

wrchili said...

It turned out great! I always have problems with losing stitches when I try to crochet. Sometimes we all need to take a time out from our crafting projects.

lexa said...

Very nice!

Nicky said...

That's a beautiful gift for your granddaughter. I agree, it certainly should become an heirloom

Denise said...

Very pretty. I love the pattern you chose.

RugbyMad said...

Lovely, I am also making a pure white blanket for a baby to be born, I can't think of a pattern. I have added this one to the list of maybe's

Nic said...

That is beautiful. Well done on revisiting your crochet skills. I really want to get better at crochet, at the moment I can do Granny Squares but no real pattern reading or understanding!

Kathleen said...

I'm glad you eventually made friends with the pattern, it turned out just beautifully, it looks light and wonderful and the delicate arch shapes are so pretty. What a perfect christening gift.

Donna M said...

Lovely! Something she will always have and love!

Yarn Changer said...

what a wonderful christening present. Looks lovely.

Chrisknits said...

How precious! It will be a well received gift.

Pearlin J said...

its a beautiful shawl.I'm sure it will be much cherished :)