Wednesday, August 3, 2011

WIP Wednesday

This little cardigan has been in progress for way too long . It 's intended for my little granddaughter Stella . It's still too warm here to wear it now, but September is just around the corner . I'm knitting the 6 to 12 month size , she's a plump 4 months old , but in hindsight I wish that I'd chosen to knit it one size larger .  I've the left button band and the seaming left to do , then all the weaving in of the gazillion ends . The cardie has been a challenge , due in most part to the  construction . The raglan sleeves and body had to be seamed in order for me to pick up the stitches for the yoke . I'm picky and find that the yoke is not as neat as I'd like . I'm hoping that a wash and dry will take care of that .

For more WIP Wednesday posts visit Tami's Amis here . It's her blog anniversary and her one year anniversary for WIP Wednesday . Congratulations Tami !

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

The cardi is adorable. Your granddaughter is going to be just so cute in that.

Congratulations on the finish.

Nicky said...

oooooh i love it.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It looks so darling; hopefully little Stella doesn't grow too quickly so she gets a few wears out of it!

Sam Findlay said...

Such a cute cardigan!

Vivianne said...

Oh that is pretty :-) You do realize that your button choice will make or break this project, right ? :-)

Marie/Underground Crafter said...

The cardi is really lovely. I'm sure your granddaughter will love it.

autumngeisha said...

The cardigan is so cute. Love the colors. No worries, blocking will even everything out!

SARITHA@RAINBOWBUNTING said...

Love that cardi!!Pretty colours!!

pinkundine said...

It's beautiful, the colours are perfect, and don't worry - blocking is magic ;)

Wool Diaries said...

It's beautiful. Your granddaughter is very lucky. I know how you feel about being picky.

Good luck with all the ends and the seams.

Donna M said...

It's a gorgeous little sweater and any issues will disappear with soaking and blocking. She will be adorable in it!

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Cute cardi - love the colours

Yarn Changer said...

All your projects are great. Love the cardigan. How great to be an omi!