Thursday, August 30, 2007

The Birthday Month !

Can you believe that August is just about over and September is upon us ? September is a very eventful month for us . Hallmark loves us . It seems like everybody and his brother has a birthday then . I guess the romantic feelings flow freely around Christmas and New Years . This year Casey celebrates his 30th BD . Can't believe I'm writing that -most days I don't feel old enough to have a son that age. We're throwing him a surprise bash at a local restaurant . A week later Max is throwing Casey's bachelor party , consisting of golf , dinner and a night out on the town . I'm hoping that none of the boys get too carried away , but the dads are going as well , so they shouldn't get into too much mischief . Right? A week after that it's Max's birthday . My father is coming for a visit at the end of the month . He's anxious to see us all . He has a new family there, but spent most of his life here in Canada and does get a bit homesick for us . He'll turn 78 this year , a day after Max has his 28th .





As for the knitting , I'm working on Mike's socks. I ripped the ones I showed in the last post .I didn't like the way were knitting up . I changed for another pattern and love it . I'm almost done with the gusset decreases . I had to go to the LYS yesterday to buy some solid coloured sock yarn for Marie . While I was there I found a great little book for stitch patterns . This was the volume 2 of the Harmony Guides 450 Knitting Stitches. I'd like to try my hand at designing a sock pattern using one the stitches in the book . Not in September , though !

1 comment:

lexa said...

Our reload in Montreal was at Solmax in Varennes. I saw signs for where you live, and I found it in the Montreal mapbook he has in the truck, but I couldn't remember your address! He goes to Montreal all the time.