Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Mail !






Late Monday afternoon I received my socks from the Sockapalooza 4 sock exchange . I have to say that my pal Sheri was so very generous. All this was put into that gorgeous box with the lighthouse on it . As Sheri's from Nova Scotia the lighthouse card and box are delightful souvenirs of that beautiful province . She was so thoughtful in her choice of yarn and pattern . The yarn has aloe vera and jojoba oil in it making for the very softest socks . I smiled when I saw the pattern titled Belle-Maman ( French for Mother-in-law) . It is by a Quebec designer and one I had already book-marked for future socks. She also included these freshwater pearl stitch markers made by Aija from zeromarkers . To satisfy my sweet tooth she also put in these yummy chocolates. The key chain has already been added to my keyring and last but not least - more sock yarn . Kroy sock yarn to be exact in very bright and cheery colours . I'll be casting on soon with it .


Sheri - thank you so very much ! They fit so perfectly and I really love everything about them . You're just the best sock pal !






1 comment:

lexa said...

I'm glad you liked everything and that the socks fit! It's so funny, we went past the exit to your town yesterday. Had I known it was coming up I would have snapped a picture of it! I got to drive through Montreal for the first time and took some pictures. Got some through Ottawa, too. This is my first time being past Quebec City. Sad, isn't it?

At the Nipigon Husky truck stop right now. Hubby never gets internet here, but I tried it when I decided to transfer my pictures, and what do you know -- internet! I was having withdrawal...