Tuesday, May 15, 2007

We have a roof !

Well the roof is on Casey & Chantal's house. I can't believe how quickly this is all going. The roofers came yesterday so even the shingles are on .Will post another pic sometime soon , but I'm just too darn tired to upload any today.



Yesterday I took advantage of the gorgeous weather we're having to get some yard work done . I foolishly decided to expand the perennial bed in front of the house. I have quite a few flowers that need dividing; I'd like to clear out the ones I don't like anymore or aren't in the right spot . One thing leads to another and before you know it you're buying more plants , earth , fertilizer etc. What started out as a small project has taken on a life of it's own. Mike is not a gardener , he cuts the grass , that's it ; he regards it a danger sign when I start to dig out the gardening books and plant guides. Today my back and arms are telling me to give it a rest , Rome wasn't built in a day , and my perfect garden won't be built in that time span either . Lucky for my back it's raining today .


While out running a few errands this morning I picked up the latest edition Of Interweave Knits. There are quite a few nice projects in this issue , but I have to say that the article on how to knit toe up socks made my day . I'm a self-taught knitter and never even attempted cuff down socks until a couple of years ago. I now never wear anything but hand knit socks . I'm currently knitting Mike some socks from Lorna's Laces shepherd sock . Looking at how much yarn I have left and I still have quite a few inches to knit till the toe decreases . I wish that I seen that article sooner . If I should run out I might just go with a contrasting solid colour toe , or might just rip it completely .

1 comment:

Monika said...

I did one pair with LL Shepherd sock yarn, didn't like the color, but the yarn wears great and was pure pleasure to knit with. I didn't get my IK magazine yet. Can't wait to go through it. Usually I don't knit from the magazines, don't know why, there are always so many nice things in them. I have to look into charity knitting more locally. Last year I donated money to Dulaan, because I didn't want to give Canada Post all the money! ;o) Tomorrow I'll be going to Gemini Fibers, looking for a spinning wheel!!! I'm sooo excited! Have fun with your garden!