Sunday, June 3, 2007

The good and the bad










This is a special weekend for us . Yesterday , Max our younger son , received his diploma , attesting that he successfully completed the construction and carpentry courses that he's been taking for the last year. I've never seen him as happy and eager to learn as he's been since the classes began. He's worked very hard and we're all so proud of him . I believe he's finally found his niche . With him in this pic is Stefanie , who's given him moral support and so much more. They make a great team . The other photo is of Max with his brother Casey . Today they're really good friends as well as brothers . A minor miracle considering how they used to fight when they were kids . They're almost exactly 2 years apart so I suppose it was normal sibling rivalry , but I can remember many a day of me tearing my hair out , thinking I must be doing something wrong . I can't believe how fast the time has gone by , it seems like a blink of an eye , and they're men not boys.


Here's the bad ... I've given up with the crosshatch socks and Lorna's Laces . I've come to the conclusion that I won't be happy sending these socks to my pal .The pooling was taking away from the pattern . I mean it's not as if I have no other yarn in my stash so I'll try to find something else that I think my pal will like .



Going to try and get some garden work today , have to take advantage of a few rain free hours . It looks like it will rain most of this week . Think I'll get Max to build us an ark

2 comments:

Monika said...

Sometimes when you get yarn that pools, it's best to just knit it in plain old stockinet stitch.
Yeah, kids, they grow up fast! Congrats to your son's diploma! ;o) Wish we had rain here, it's just awefully humid here!

Dipsy Doodle said...

Congratulations to your son, that's really amazing! And oy - I'm sorry to hear about the socks, but then again it's sure been for the better - there's no use in continuing to work on something if you don't like it, and there'll be many other new and better projects for you!