Friday, July 6, 2007

Finally a pair of socks



Ta Da ! The Sockapalooza socks are finished. After much deliberation about choice of pattern and yarn , and more than a few false starts, I finally have a completed pair of socks . I'm happy with the pattern (Math Whiz socks from http://www.knitspot.com) . The yarn I used was Opal Neon and 2mm DPNs . I changed the heel (originally short row heel ) to a heel flap , but otherwise the socks were knit as called for in the pattern.



Already on my needles is the Japanese Feather Stole , by the same designer . I was looking for a fairly open , lacy stole to wear with my dress for Casey's wedding . As it's a beach wedding I didn't want anything too fussy or stylized .I that think this one fits the bill perfectly. I've done the first of 10 pattern repeats . So far , so good . I can't believe that I've signed up for the MS3 KAL .I joined awhile back when it was first mentioned , but haven't knit any of the clues yet .I'm not one of the speedy knitters who manages to knit up each clue just after it's posted .The previous mystery stoles were spectacular and can't wait to see what Melanie is giving us this time . I'm thinking this will be my summer of socks and stoles . I've got it covered from top to bottom , so to speak .

4 comments:

Monika said...

Yeah, the socks are done, and good looking too. I'm sure your Pal will love them! The shawl looks great too!

knitspot anne said...

oh MY! your japanese feather stole is absolutely fetching . . . so delicate!! thank you for making it.

Sula said...

I just cast on for the japanese feather stole yesterday. Mine is dark (also to match a dress for a wedding!), but yours is so delicate and beautiful I might have to make a second light one. The pattern certainly warrants a repeat!

margene said...

Oh my...I am even more excited to start knitting my stole! Thank you for the inspiration.