Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Double /Double Socks



Yay ! I can finally say that I've completed at least one pair for the Summer of Socks 2008 KAL . With appropriate fan fair I present the Donyale Socks !


Despite the fact that it took me the better part of a month to complete these , it was was an enjoyable knit . It's a great pattern that looks more complicated than it is . The yarn is Elann Sock it to Me and unlike my previous knit with that particular yarn (Crosshatch Lace socks) this time it didn't split like the dickens . Though why colour would make a difference in that aspect is beyond me , this time around it was very nice knitting with it .
Onward to the next pair !


3 comments:

Donna M said...

Those are gorgeous and worth taking almost a month to finish!

lexa said...

Very nice! My first pair cast on for SOS still isn't finished! I finished one pair so far and have two on the needles. I think the way it's going the third pair that was cast on will be finished before the first pair that was cast on! (My Pillars of Atlantis were cast on late on June 21. So far I still only have one sock done and haven't even cast on the second one yet!)

Monika said...

Those are nice looking socks! I'm glad to hear that the yarn is not so bad after all. :o)