Monday, August 11, 2008

Back to normal ...













sort of . The renovations are almost done , just the clean-up and still a bit of painting (baseboards and window trim ) left to be done . The new floor looks beautiful ; you can't imagine how happy I am to get rid of the carpeting . The stairs and railings still need to be stripped and then re-stained to match the floor , but that shouldn't be too big a job . At least my furniture is back to where it should be . Last week my living room was in my kitchen , we could barely move in there never mind cook or have meals . I absolutely love the new tile and expanded entrance , so much more practical and easier to keep clean . Here's a couple of pics to show the new floor and entrance. Bingo is in his usual spot keeping keeping watch to make sure no cats come onto the property , just his own .


The weather has been just miserable , rain and more rain every single day . It's perfect for what we've been doing , but certainly not very summer-like . I've hardly managed to get into the pool at all this year . Mike has one more week left of vacation , or renocation in our case ,we'd hoped to get away camping for a couple of days this week but due to a few delays with the renovations and this weeks weather forecast we decided to just take it easy around the house . I don't feel like camping in the rain . Whatever we have left to finish off will get done on a more relaxed schedule. We're both just a wee bit weary .

3 comments:

lexa said...

The floor looks great! We've not had the nicest weather here, either. It was supposed to be sunny today, but its been cloudy all day so far. It feels more like fall lately to me. I don't know if I'll get any tomatoes or not -- they like sun and heat, and they aren't getting it. :(

Monika said...

I agree, the floors look great! I love tile and wooden floors! I wish I had them all around our house too.
I just saw that you are planning on knitting the "Turn a square hat" and "Claudia hat". I'm on my second Turn a square hat. The first one I knit like the pattern wants it, but it turned out way too big. I felted it. Now it might fit my husbands bald head. ;o) The second one I'm knitting only with 100 sts and 4mm. Might be slightly smaller that way. Next will probably be the Claudia hat, as soon as I can find the yarn I want for it.

Donna M said...

You must be so pleased to have the reno almost all done. Been there, done that and it is difficult to try to live in the house when it is such an uproar. But it looks great!