Friday, June 5, 2009

Sunny days & lace



See that ...blue sky ! It's been sunny for a couple of days but this morning it was nice enough to enjoy my tea outside and knit for little while. It promises to be just a gorgeous day . Let's hope it holds out for tonight because today is our annual Relay for Life cancer walk. This year the team raised $4000 . Not too shabby!



As for the knitting I've progressed to the interesting part of the project I showed last week . The first part was just stocking stitch , now I'm into the lace . I'm knitting Ishbel by Isolda Teague . I'm loving this knit so much. It had been intended for me to wear at Max's wedding . I'm not sure about the colour , it's proving difficult to find a match for my dress , so this could be going into the gift basket when I'm done knitting it. The yarn is Silken Kydd from Elann , it really is gorgeous and wonderful to knit with , light as air .



As for the socks , I'm just about at the increases for the gusset at the heel . So far so good . It's a first for me , knitting socks on two circulars instead if DPNs . I'm not sure if I really like it, but I'll persevere .

Wishing everyone a wonderfull weekend !

3 comments:

lexa said...

Hope you keep the nice weather for this evening. :)

Monika said...

It's gorgeous here too! Just got the eavesthrough cleaned. The lace looks very delicate. Too bad about not finding something suitable to wear with your dress.
I tried two socks on one circular once, but I enjoy my DP's so much more.

A Crafty Mom said...

The weather has been great since I arrived in Ottawa on Thursday!

I am knitting a pair of socks using the Magic Loop method and like you, I am persevering but I am sure the sock would be finished by now if I used my dpns!!