Monday, April 26, 2010

Chugging along

Well so much for my good intentions of blocking the shawl this weekend . Friday night I came down with a doozy of a cold leaving me fit for absolutely nothing . I spent most of the weekend hacking , emptying out kleenex boxes , and snoozing when I could because the cough has just about worn me out . I barely made it through our Sunday brunch with the family . I hate coming down with a cold but getting one at this time of year ,when there's so much that needs to be done outside , really ticks me off . Of course we had perfect weather for garden work this weekend . They're calling for flurries for tomorrow and we'll be seeing a drastic drop in temps .


At least I feel well enough to tackle some knitting today. Here's the progress on the second green sock . Another half repeat of the pattern and then comes the heel turn . Yay ! I seems like once you get to that point it's relatively smooth sailing to the toe and a pair of finished socks . They just have to be done for Friday to make it for the April KAL . Yes I can , yes I can , yes I can , said the little engine that could ....

3 comments:

Donna M said...

I'm going to Ottawa this weekend so I would like warm weather please!

Hope your cold gets better soon!

Love the green socks!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Oh yes, you can! The green is so pretty - it just looks like spring!

lexa said...

Love the color of your socks. I, too, have a cold - yet again - and I agree, there's too much to do right now to have a cold!!