Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Some assembly required


I got sidetracked again ! After a look at the calendar last week it dawned on me that our expected granddaughter is due to arrive in a little over 4 weeks . It also occurred to me that she doesn't have a hand knit sweater yet . Never mind that a blanket for her crib is almost done and that I shouldn't really start another project till that's done , I could only focus on her lack of a sweater . What's an Omi to do except head out to her local yarn shop , pick out some really cute yarn and cast on . The knitting was a piece of cake , it is a small sweater after all , but the seaming and finishing was kicking my butt . After some refresher courses via you tube , the finishing is getting there . The shoulders are seamed , the borders are knitted on and the pieces are blocking for the final assembly . I won't have time to do it tomorrow , but maybe Thursday will see a completed sweater . Then the blanket will get back to the front of the line ...

3 comments:

MagicalJane said...

That's going to be beautiful. The Jacquard wool is perfect.

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Absolutely adorable; sure to suit your expected granddaughter perfectly!

WildflowerWool said...

Very cute!!