Wednesday, November 21, 2012

A good week

It feels like forever since I've been able to say that .After waiting for a while I got to see an ob/gyn and she's sending me for a pelvic ultrasound  . I've got an appointment for that on Saturday Dec. 1st . Going the private clinic route for that because the wait in the public system is a long one . We have insurance so we might as well use it . At least it's put my mind at ease that things are moving . Now I just need to be patient for the results .

Simple Textured blanket and a Peacock hat
 
Things are almost back to normal with my back . Naproxyn is amazing , it worked wonders ! I put my week off  , so to speak , to good use and finished up one project that had been in hibernation in the UFO pile and Jessey's blanket . I love this hat ! It was intended to be a ski hat for me , but about half way through the knitting I realized it was going to be too small . So into the UFO pile it went . It was a shame to leave it for so long , but I finished it this weekend and found a recipient . It fits my DIL Stefanie perfectly and it matches one of her jackets . One down ! I have  yarn in my stash to knit another one for me .

 
Whats on my needles now are my self-striping picot edge socks from the last post . I'm almost done with the first one , but then I got distracted again with this . A hat for Jessey , who is very much into pirates at the moment . I found the pattern on ravelry but am modifying it to fit a 4 year old . I had so much fun doing the braid on my Peacock hat that I've incorporated the technique into this one . As for Mason's sweater , don't ask ...

Thanks for stopping by , have a wonderful day !

3 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

The hat and blanket are lovely. Love the pirate hat - I too have a little family member obsessed with skulls!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Lots of pretty things to show off today. I love simple textured blankets like that. Your colourwork looks really lovely. And it's nice to hear you're starting to feel better :) Hopefully it's all good news from now on.

Anonymous said...

I went through the GYN thing a couple of years ago. I hope you get some answers after your ultrasound. Waiting is sometimes the hardest part. My thoughts are with you that you feel better soon.

Love the hats. The jolly Rogers are adorable! Oh, I guess they shouldn't be adorable ... how about scary. They are very, very scary!!! ;-)