Sunday, September 8, 2013

Let the crazies begin !

September has always been a  busy month in this house what with three birthdays all falling within nine days of each other . Add to that my father's annual visit and there's a recipe for crazy that usually leaves me done in by the end of October . This year there's an expected fourth grandchild , due any minute now judging from the size of Stef's baby belly , which will add a little more busy to this month . I can't wait to meet this little one and have been knitting up a storm . Here's the last two finished knits ...





I didn't have enough of the madelinetosh pashmina left after knitting the baby Tea Leaves cardigan to knit a matching  hat . I knit a cream coloured hat and then used a few yards of the pashmina to knit the flower accent . As for the blankie , I fell in love with the pattern  as soon as I saw it on ravelry . It was a fun and easy knit . Mason had two similar blankies that were well used and loved , hoping that Charlie will like hers as much as he did his.

My Dad arrives on Thursday , which is also Stef's due date . We're all speculating on who will arrive first ...

4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Sounds like it's going to be a month filled with fun! Enjoy!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Wouldn't it be lovely if Dad arrives, and then the new little one arrives a day or two later. Whenever she arrives, all that matters is that everyone is happy and healthy! The little flower decoration on the hat is adorable!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh ...the little bunny ON the blanket is adorable.

Hope the new baby shows herself soon and is a happy, healthy little girl. Best wishes!

Caffeine Girl said...

So cute. The hat is perfect with the cardigan.

I just hope they don't arrive at the same moment. That could be complicated1