Sunday, October 18, 2015

A bump in the road

I have been away from this blog for a little over a year . Late last year life threw me a curve with a breast cancer diagnosis .  I was very fortunate that it was early stage but had spread to my lymph nodes meant that I would have to have surgery , chemo and radiation . Everything went well and I finished treatment mid June of this year . At my last follow up with my oncologists I was told that I am now cancer free . Without the support of my family and friends this would have been much worse . I had some rough patches but am finally feeling more like myself . There are still low days here and there , but who doesn't have those , and more days of counting my blessings and enjoying each day . 

There has been knitting not that you'd know it by looking at my ravelry page . Many were completed and gifted before I thought to take a photo . I blame it on chemo brain , lol . I will try and update it soon . What I'm working on now ....



Jesseys' socks in the Go Habs Go colour way from Biscotte & Cie 
 

A Gaptastic cowl for My friend Yvonne . And last but not least a wedding shawl for Amanda who will be tying the knot with her sweetie Matthew on November 7th . I have 5 rows left plus the cast off to do .


I hope to give it to Amanda next weekend . I also finished a quartet of hats for my grandkids . I fell in love with these hats after seeing them knit up at my local yarn shop . They are kits by DMC called TopThis ! I mean who could resist !? 



 That's it for today , off to work on the wedding shawl while it is still daylight . Have a wonderful week !
 
 

6 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Mom went through the same thing just last year - it really does derail your life for a while. But it's always good news when you can get back on track and move right along! And knitting your way through it helps!
So glad to hear of the cancer-free diagnosis!

Monika said...

Oh wow! I'm glad you can share good news though! Wishing you all the best going forward.

Strickmuse said...

It is nice to hear from you again, and it is even better to hear the good news. I wish you all the best.

lexa said...

Happy to hear that you are cancer free! Those hats are sweet. Wish my kids were small enough to wear them. But my BF's sister is pregnant, so I can always knit one for him to grow into. ��

Anonymous said...

Love the Habs socks ----- maybe I need to make myself a pair of Flyers socks. Steve has a pair of Tampa Bay Lightning socks.

The shawl is going to be AWESOME!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

It's wonderful to hear that you are starting to feel like the troubles of the last year are behind you! The hats are super adorable! The kids are gonna love them!