Saturday, April 7, 2007

Spring Things Shawl



I finally have a few minutes to post today . It's supposed to be spring here , but we're not having very spring like weather . We woke up to a light dusting of snow , overcast skies and cool temperatures . The Easter Bunny will have to wear a sweater and warm woolen socks to make his deliveries tomorrow.

The cool weather is conducive to knitting , however. I've cast on for Susan Pierce Lawrence's http://knittingasfastasican/ Spring Things shawl . Susan used a mohair laceweight yarn ; I'm using Jaggersun Zephyr wool silk . I really like this yarn as it's easy to tink if you make a mistake , and blocks out nicely.



One of the other projects in the rotation are the April socks for the Sock a Month KAL . I'm just about at the heel portion of the second sock. This is an easy 4 row pattern on 64 stitches and 2.0 mm needles . I'm hoping to get them done by the end of this week.


After that I'll focus on the girl's bolero . That should be a quick knit .



No comments: