Wednesday, April 11, 2007

I've got mail !



Look what the mailman brought ... Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock ! This is an ebay win and the first time I'll knit with this yarn. The colour is called mineshaft . These socks are intended for my husband , who in his younger days worked in a nickel mine in Sudbury , Ontario for a couple of years.


Here's a pic of my shawl in progress . It's not really a difficult pattern , but I must say the beginning of the first chart gave me fits. Once I was able to get a " read " of my knitting it all came together. I think I tinked as much as I knit . I'm pretty close to the upper body / chart B. Thank God I didn't work it in mohair , the tinking would have been a nightmare .


Still no progress on the socks , though . The new sock yarn will be motivation to get them done.

No comments: