Monday, May 26, 2008

Bits and Pieces

We had a crazy busy week since my last blog post . I decided that the long week-end last week was the perfect time to paint the kitchen and dining area .Three days to paint one moderately large room was doable I thought , no stress . It was a long overdue project that required a lot of cleaning out and re-organizing of cupboards before the actual painting could begin . It seems that if you renovate or paint even one room ,your whole house is topsy turvy for the duration . The painting is done , but we've ( read " I") decided to tile the back splash around the counters . Mike is thinking , " there goes another week-end" . I'm still sorting out , trying to organize and simplify . Over time you tend to accumulate so much " stuff" that most of the time just sits at the back of a cupboard and collects dust . If I don't use it I will lose it ... one way or another .



This week-end the weather co-operated , sunny and cool , so we managed to get some yard work done . We're changing some of the landscaping in front of the house . I have some perennials that need dividing and trees that need chopping down or pruning . I'm hoping to get to the nursery some time this week to pick up some annuals for planting . It seems I'm running late with everything these days , but in reality the weather hasn't been great for planting flowers .



Casey and Chantal went for another ultrasound . She's about 10 days to 2 weeks further along in her pregnancy than she thought . The projected due date now is October 3rd . Everything is going well and the baby is moving a lot . This ultrasound was a 3D one so you could really "see" the little guy. Totally amazing !! Casey made a copy of the dvd as a keepsake .



On the knitting the Forest Canopy shoulder shawl is finished . Stef modeled it for me yesterday . I'll be giving this away for the Canadian Cancer Society's Relay for Life . ay
In truth I haven't had a great response to my request for donations online , my ego's a little bit battered (not really :-) ) . I don't have a whole lot of readers and I know that times are tough so that doesn't bother me too much . To date I've raised $305 which I think isn't too shabby . I'm still hoping to get to my goal of $500 eventually . That being said if you 've read this far please consider making a donation (click on the button at the top right hand corner ) if not please consider linking here on your own blog. More readers might mean more money to fight cancer . The other giveaways are some Fleece Artist merino sock yarn and a laceweight yarn from Knit One Crochet Two .

Oh and the particulars of the shawl - dimensions 52" X 26". The yarn used was Knit Picks Shadow laceweight ,colour Jewels .

2 comments:

lexa said...

The shawl is gorgeous!

I'm going to link to you now. I forgot. :)

Monika said...

The shawl turned out beautifully! A very nice color as well.