Friday, November 28, 2008

Spinning my wheels...


... so to speak .This is the sum total of my spinning practice for this week . At this rate pigs will be flying before I get enough knitable yarn . Kinky , lumpy , uneven seems to be the order of the day . Some how I can't get my hands and mind co-ordinated . I'm having problems with the drafting , I can't seem to get an even amount of fiber to spin and how to control the tightness of the spin . I don't know if that makes sense but if anyone has suggestions and tips , please feel free .


As mentioned in the teaser last post , here 's the latest yarn acquisition . The orangey earth tones skein is Arequipa sock yarn . I'm so in love with the colour and can't wait to knit some socks with it . The green tweed is Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran Tweed. intended for this cowl .


I finished up the last odds and sods at Marie's apartment so the coast is more or less clear for Christmas knitting and baking , not to mention gift shopping . I've not yet started that and have absolutely no idea what to buy . It's all coming up so fast !


Well I'd better get my butt in gear . I'm off to do groceries and get supplies for Christmas cookie baking . Hoping to have a finished knit and some cookies to show for the week-end's efforts . Have a great weekend all !

2 comments:

lexa said...

I've never spun, so I can't help you there. Love the new yarns, I so like tweeds. :)

Donna M said...

Not a spinner either. No help here.

I love your new yarns and I think that I have that cowl favourited! It will be gorgeous in that colour!