Monday, December 15, 2008

Catching my breath and catching up ...




... ever so slowly . The last few weeks and months have been some of the most difficult and challenging in my life . Trying to find an emotional balance and just keep going and doing what needed to be done sometimes seemed insurmountable . There's been so much joy because I had just become a grandmother offset by the terrible sorrow of seeing a woman who had become such a dear friend struggle just to keep breathing . Now is the time to move forward and remember the good days and be thankful that the bad days for Marie are over . Thank you for the kind words of condolence , it's so very much appreciated .






I spent the weekend catching up on all things Christmas . The Christmas shopping was done , the house and tree were decorated to the sound of Christmas carols playing in the background .




Best of all I was able to spend a little time with Jessey , hold him in my arms and just breathe in that wonderful baby smell . It just doesn't get better !

3 comments:

lexa said...

Hopefully everything will settle down for you now. We put our tree up last night. No pictures posted yet. Got a few more small things to finish knitting and some shopping left to do. I much prefer shopping on-line. Went to Wal-Mart on Saturday, and we had to park in the dirt on the side of the parking lot. The place was packed solid, I couldn't stand it. And I have to go back on Thursday! I got as much as I could in town, but there are some things I have no choice but to go out of town.

Donna M said...

Your tree is lovely.

Enjoy the little one and everything will come into balance!

Monika said...

I like your tree. It sounds like you are getting into the Christmas spirit/mood. What a lovely picture of you and Jessey! Happy Holidays!