Friday, February 13, 2009

Beach glass socks


The socks are done ! I put down the books long enough to finish up these socks .This is the first pair knit from stash yarn . Something unusual happened this week . I actually went into a wool shop and didn't add to the sock yarn stash. That's not to say no yarn was bought because I needed something for a special baby on the way . There's a mini baby boom going on around here , so expect to see more baby knits on the blog this year.



Back to the socks , the pattern is one from Charlene Schurch's sock books "More Sensational Knitted Socks ". The colour reminds me of beach glass . I guess I'm dreaming of summer and the beach these days . The yarn is Arequipa , a wool , alpaca and nylon blend that was super to work with . I'm very happy with how they turned out . Now to decide which socks to cast on for next ...



Hope everyone has great a weekend and wishing you all a very happy Valentine's day !

2 comments:

Donna M said...

Your socks turned out beautifully! You must be pleased.

I love knitting with that yarn too!

lexa said...

Great socks! I love knitting baby things.