Thursday, February 5, 2009

What's new in knitting



Things are rolling right along on the knitting front . I'm actually at the heel on the second sock . I had bought the yarn (Arequipa) sometime late last year . It's a really beautiful yarn , gorgeous colourway and I put it away in the stash for a "special" knit . I have this idea that the costlier yarns should be put aside for something really special . What happens then ,usually , is that they sit there collecting dust and I knit with the "everyday " yarns . It's sort of like never using the "good " dishes . I don't have that many expensive yarns in the stash , but rest assured the ones I do have will see the light of day this year.


The other project on the needles is something for Jessey . I've been feeling the urge to knit something for the little guy , and finally settled on this sweater . The pattern is ancient , in fact I knit the same sweaters for the boys when they were little . It's knit in the round so there's not much to do in the way of seaming , always a plus for me . I'm just about at the yoke and will put it aside to knit the sleeves and then join it all together to continue to the neck . Best thing , I only needed to buy the grey yarn (2 balls ) .
So there you have it , my week in knitting ....

3 comments:

lexa said...

Those sweaters never go out of style!

I have a bunch of really nice sock yarns in the stash, too, but they seem to take a back burner to the "old faithful" ordinary yarns.

Monika said...

I feel the same way about my special yarn, bought and handspun. :o) But what am I waiting for? I've put a yarn buying pan on myself, to start using more from my stash. The socks look great, I like the colorway. The sweater will be so cute. Isn't knitting sweaters in the round the best?

Donna M said...

I used that exact colour of Arequipa and just loved it. Your socks are gorgeous!
Dear little sweater for the grandson!