Monday, January 31, 2011

Another Finished Knit


January has certainly been a productive month for knitting . One of the recent finished projects was this hat . The pattern is the "top down " snow boarder hat from Cabin Fever . I used some Patons Classic Wool for the main colour and the contrast colours are Elann Peruvian Wool . All were from my stash . Yay !! I misjudged the size slightly by knitting the large adult size . I should have measured Mike's head , apparently it's not as big as I thought it was :-) , it came out a little too big . The remedy was to wet it and try and shrink it a tad in the dryer . Worked out well don't you think ? He's as happy as the proverbial clam and wears it all the time . Wonder of wonders Max and Casey have each requested one .
The weather lately has been perfect for cross country skiing and Mike and I head out almost every day . I'm still using the stationary bike on the odd days we don't ski . I've lost another pound that makes it four pounds for this month . Believe it or not the exercise part of my goal of making lifestyle changes has been easier than the calorie reducing part . I'm eating healthier, making better choices , limiting my caloric intake but it's a daily struggle to keep my sugar readings at good levels .
Tomorrow is Mike's birthday so we're having the family over for dinner . Nothing fancy because they were over during the weekend and we celebrated then . Casey , Chantal and Jessey won't be able to make it because Jessey is sick again . They spent the evening at the ER last night and apparently Jessey has pneumonia . Poor little guy ! He was listless and coughing when we saw him but not running a fever till yesterday . Then he started having difficulty breathing , hence the trip to the ER . Chantal had thought it was asthma . No daycare for him this week .
Till next time ...

4 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Nice hat, and obviously a big hit! Hope Jessey feels better soon!

CelticCastOn said...

The hat looks great! I'm glad you were able to shrink it for a perfect fit.
I've never tried cross country skiing but would love to some day. Maybe when T's a bit older.
Hope Jessey gets better soon!

Donna M said...

Great hat! Looks nice and warm for x country skiing!

Hope the little one is feeling better soon! Nothing worse than a sick baby.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very cute hat!