Monday, January 10, 2011

Cleaning up the WIPs



I found these mittens at the bottom of the knitting basket just before Christmas . I had started them in January 2010 , knit the first mitten , got half through the second and then put them away till I discovered them again this year . They had been intended as an early January birthday gift for a friend . I must have missed the deadline and put them away to be finished later . Well , a year later she finally got them . Better late than never and one less WIP in the knitting basket ! BTW , Cory loved them .
The details : Anna's Mittens pattern by SpillyJane . The yarn is Paton Classic Merino wool and the contrasting colours are all Elann Peruvian Wool . These are probably the second or third mittens that I've ever knit . There's some mistakes in the first mitten but I learned a few things during the hiatus and the second one turned out much better .
Back to working on socks for the Warm Hands Network . I'd like to get three pairs done by next week so that they'd be in Ottawa in time for the January shipment . Mind you if worst comes to worst I could drive them up to Ottawa , it's only 2 1/2 hours away . It would probably be quicker than Canada Post and a good excuse to visit the nations capital and visit some yarn shops . Oops , I'm not supposed to do that ...

7 comments:

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Nice mittens! And isn't nice to finish them and feel a sense of accomplishment!

Never mind about driving to Ottawa - Toronto has MUCH nicer yarn shops! Come visit us!

Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooooooo...pretty and they look nice and warm too.

lexa said...

It'd probably be cheaper, too, to drive them up - mailing stuff ain't cheap! I mailed four little pairs of socks in a bubble envelope to Warm Hands last September, and I think I paid like $12! It was crazy.

Wanderingcatstudio said...

Very cute mittens! I once started Dave a sweater for his birthday (July)... he got it for Valentines day... two years later...

Monika said...

Lovely mittens! I like the color combo.

Donna M said...

Lovely mittens. Your friend must be thrilled with them!

WildflowerWool said...

The mitts turned out great. I like the colours you used. Good luck with you 2011 goals!