Friday, June 21, 2013

Cured for now

As quickly as it came on , Startitis is all but over . The fact that there were so many knits lying in various stages of completion all over the house and my inability to tolerate too much disorder helped with the cure .  We have finished knits !


This little vest for Stella has been hanging around for almost three months , just for want of button loops . Doing these was a new technique for me and I can't say that I'm really happy with them . I find it fiddle diddly to do and I'm not sure they'll hold the vest closed , but this was the best of all my efforts . The other thing is the I-cord edge has a propensity to roll and I'm not thrilled with that either . Anyways maybe once she's wearing it none of those issues will matter . Good thing I made the 4 year old size , she'll won't be wearing it till the fall .



Lastly , I got my dishcloth fever under control with these three bright cloths . There are three different patterns , all free on ravelry  .  The tangerine one is the Double Bump dishcloth , the purple one is Ridges and Ribs and the banana yellow one is All Washed Up . All three were just what the doctor ordered .

On to  Stella's socks , I'm almost at the toe of the second sock , so next week should add to the finished knits on my ravelry project page .

Have a good weekend !

4 comments:

Wanderingcatstudio said...

You know - probably the only thing you can do for startitis is to just go with it and get it all out of your system!

Love the vest - that's cute!

Minding My Own Stitches said...

Very summery bright washcloths. Isn't fun to knock out a few quick knits?!

lexa said...

Pretty colors on all! Summery! :)

kathy b said...

I am going to try some of your dishcloth patterns. I love the finished look of them