Tuesday, September 16, 2008

My weekend...





in short.....






A completed pair of socks : Eleanor socks .



New socks on the needles : Broadripple being knit up with brand new , hot off the plane, yarn gifted to me by my father . He arrived from Austria on Sunday afternoon instead of Monday as expected . Long story about crossed wires , miscommunication , actually he gave us the wrong date in his letter , which I can't find to prove my point, but all 's well that ends well . We're thanking our stars that he thought to give us a quick call on Saturday a.m . otherwise he would have had a bit of wait at the airport . You never saw anyone clean a house and finish up a guest room so fast . I'm still breathless ....


Here's some of what else came back with him , chocolates and more sock yarn for me . Yay !
All this is resting on a gorgeous embroidered Christmas table cloth . My step mom sent each of the girls one as well . She didn't do the embroidery but each cloth has a crochet edging which she did do .


Does it get any better !



4 comments:

Donna M said...

Congrats on your finished socks and all your new goodies. The broadripples look really pretty on the needles! I love the way the self striping yarn works in that pattern.
Have a great visit with your father!

lexa said...

Don't I wish my Dad would give me yarn! LOL!

Monika said...

The socks are lovely, and I love the sheepy mug. Also, it's great to know that you can get yarn in Austria, because I'm going to look for it for sure! ;o)
The table cloth is stunning, I like that it is all green.

sherriknits said...

I love your socks!
Your dad brought you beautiful yarn! Love the tablecloth, too!!!!

I started knitting with the yarn you sent me just last night and I LOVE it!!!!! Thanks again so much. :)